Learn how to enable Business Agility at scale with SAFe! On the Leading SAFe course, you will learn about the core elements of the Scaled Agile Framework, starting with the key principles of lean and agile and connecting them to the practices of the framework, from lean portfolio management to agile teams. You will also gain insight into the importance of a customer-centric mindset and how to use design thinking tools to empathize with your customer.
This two-day course will teach you how to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), and its underlying principles derived from Lean, systems thinking, Agile development, product development flow, and DevOps. You will learn about the seven core competencies needed to master Business Agility. During the course you get to practice the skills for defining business needs, content and supporting and executing Program Increment (PI) Planning events.
You will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset, why it’s so critical in the current business environment, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation. You’ll also learn how to organize Agile teams and Agile Release Trains (ARTs) around the flow of value, explore the importance of adopting a customer-centric mindset, gain understanding of Lean Portfolio Management, and how to build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture. Learn also about the importance of PI planning through experiencing it during the course.
Attending the course prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe Agilist (SA).
- Lead the transformation to Business Agility with SAFe
- Become a Lean-Agile Leader
- Understand customer needs with Design Thinking
- Enable Agile Product Delivery
- Implement Lean Portfolio Management
The course is beneficial for anyone who want to gain a good overall understanding of SAFe, for example managers, architects, systems engineers, product and portfolio managers, middle management and change agents.
The attendees can take an optional SAFe Agilist Exam after the course. The exam takes 90 minutes to complete, and it is held in an online environment. For more information about the certification exam, please visit Scaled Agile websites.
- Duration of the course:
- Classroom: 2 days
- Online: 4 modules
- Topics covered: Thrive in the Digital Age with Business Agility, becoming a Lean-Agile Leader, establishing Team and Technical Agility, building large Solutions with Agile Product Delivery, exploring Lean Portfolio Management
- Price includes training materials and the SAFe Agilist exam. Attendees who pass the online exam receive a SAFe Agilist Certification.
- Minimum number of participants: 8
- Maximum number of participants: 24
- Early bird: Helsinki 995 € / Stockholm 14 700 SEK (+VAT) per person. Enroll at least one month before the course starts.
- Normal: Helsinki 1195 € / Stockholm 16 900 SEK (+VAT) per person.
- Cancellation policy: Cancellation has to be done 14 days before the course start to avoid costs. Cancellations made later than 14 days prior to the course will be charged 50 % of the course price. In case of no show the full price is charged. The organizer reserves the right to cancel or postpone the course if the minimum number of participants is not reached.
leading safe TRAINING is AVAILABLE AS INTERACTIVE ONLINE VERSION DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
As a Gold Partner of Scaled Agile, we can organize SAFe training remotely. In practice, we'll split 2-day training into 4 modules, no more than 1 module per day. Duration of one module is 4 hours. Online training includes a lot of interactive small group exercises as well as Program Increment Planning simulation.
You can find the detailed schedules from the sign-up pages.
All upcoming trainings available with early bird pricing
We want to help organizations during these exceptional times, and we have decided to offer all our upcoming Leading SAFe training with Early Bird pricing 995€ / 14 700 kr + VAT per person.
Meet your coach
Henrik is an experienced agile coach with a long practical experience of working with and teaching Agile methods and mindset on both team and organization. He has worked with Scrum and Kanban since 2009, both as developer, Scrum, Master and Agile Coach supporting multiple teams. He has experience from a number of smaller and larger agile transformation initiatives, so he has a good perspective of what is easier and what is more difficult in a change process.
Andreas has over 20 years of experience from working with complex products and solutions in large and international organizations. He has been using Lean & Agile principles, values and practices in changing organizations since 2011. His mission is to enable people on all levels in an organization to reach their potential by training, coaching and inspiring to a learning culture where it is safe to fail.
Maarit is the Head Coach of Nitor. She is helping organizations to heal by applying Lean-Agile Methods and practices. She has done her dissertation on large scale agile transformation. Maarit is one of the contributors of SAFe methodology as well as the first certified SAFe Program Consultant Trainer in Finland and the first SAFe Fellow in the Nordics. She has trained over one thousand people to Agile & Lean.