Learn how to scale agile with SAFe! On the Leading SAFe course, you will learn an overview of the Scaled Agile Framework, starting with the key principles of lean and agile and connecting them to the practices of the framework, from lean portfolio management to agile teams.
This two-day course will teach you how to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), and its underlying principles derived from Lean, systems thinking, Agile development, product development flow, and DevOps. You will learn the five competencies needed to become a Lean Enterprise. During the course you get to practice the skills for defining business needs, content and supporting and executing Program Increment (PI) Planning events.
You will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset, why it’s so critical in the current business environment, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation. You’ll also learn how to build and support Agile teams and Agile Release Trains (ARTs), empower a Lean Portfolio, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, and coordinate large solutions.
Attending the course prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe Agilist (SA).
- Understand the Five Core Competencies of the Lean Enterprise
- Become a Lean-thinking manager-teacher
- Apply the values and principles of a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Apply SAFe’s Lean and Agile principles to the roles and practices of SAFe
- Create high-performing teams by establishing mission and purpose
- Lead the transformation with the SAFe Implementation Roadmap
- Support PI Planning and the events associated with successful Program execution
- Drive Release on Demand with the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Establish alignment and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains and suppliers with a Solution Train
The course is beneficial for all who want to gain a good overall picture of SAFe, for example managers, architects, systems engineers, product and portfolio managers, middle management and change agents.
The attendees can take an optional SAFe Agilist Exam after the course. The exam takes 90 minutes to complete, and it is held in an online environment. For more information about the certification exam, please visit Scaled Agile websites.
- Duration of the course: 2 days
- Topics covered: Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework, Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader, Establishing Team and Technical Agility, Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning, Releasing on Demand with DevOps, Building Business Solutions and Lean Systems, Implementing Lean Portfolio Management, Leading the transformation
- Price includes training materials and the SAFe Agilist exam. Attendees who pass the online exam receive a SAFe Agilist Certification.
- Minimum number of participants: 8
- Maximum number of participants: 24
- Early bird: Helsinki 995 € / Stockholm 12 600 SEK (+VAT) per person. Enroll at least one month before the course starts.
- Normal: Helsinki 1195 € / Stockholm 14 800 SEK (+VAT) per person.
- Cancellation policy: Cancellation has to be done 14 days before the course start to avoid costs. Cancellations made later than 14 days prior to the course will be charged 50 % of the course price. In case of no show the full price is charged. The organizer reserves the right to cancel or postpone the course if the minimum number of participants is not reached.
An updated version of SAFe will be released on 7th of January 2020. After that all upcoming public courses provided by us support the newest version SAFe 5.0.