SAFe® Agile Software Engineering
Learn how to build quality in and deliver value faster with Agile Software Engineering practices! During this three-day, workshop-oriented course, you will learn the foundational principles and practices that make up the Agile Software Engineering discipline.
This course will teach you how modern software engineering practices enable you to deliver value continuously with built-in quality. Covered topics include Extreme Programming (XP), Behavior-Driven Development (BDD), modeling, architecture, and design. You will learn proven practices for detailing, modeling, designing, implementing, verifying, and validating user stories in a SAFe Continuous Delivery Pipeline. You will learn the design practices that help you make code with higher quality. You will also understand how Software Engineering fits into the broader solution context and software engineering’s role in collaborating on intentional architecture and DevOps.
After the course, you will have the tools to create and follow through a plan to improve your software engineering practices. The course also prepares you for the optional SAFe® 4 Agile Software Engineer (ASE) certification exam.
- Define Agile Software Engineering and the underlying values, principles, and practices
- Apply the Test-First principle to create alignment between tests and requirements
- Create a shared understanding with Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- Communicate with Agile modeling
- Design from context for testability
- Build applications with code and design quality
- Utilize the test infrastructure for automated testing
- Collaborate on intentional architecture and emergent design
- Apply Lean-Agile Principles to optimize the flow of value
- Create an Agile Software Engineering plan
This course targets the technical members of an Agile Team – developers and testers. Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Managers, and other less technical roles can also benefit from attending this course, as it increases the understanding of the development process and enables better collaboration between teams. Prerequisites for attending the course is an understanding of SAFe from teams’ point of view (SAFe for Teams course or equivalent) and a background in engineering, development, managing development or quality assurance.
The attendees can take an optional SAFe Agile Software Engineer Exam after the course. The exam takes 120 minutes to complete, and it is held in an online environment.
For more information about the certification exam, please visit Scaled Agile websites.
- Duration of the course: 3 days
- Topics covered: Introduction to Agile Software Engineering, Connecting Principles, and Practices to Built-In Quality, Accelerating Flow, Applying Intentional Architecture, Thinking Test-First, Discovering Story Details, Creating a Shared Understanding with Behavior-Driven Development (BDD), Communicating with Models, Building Systems with Code Quality, Building Systems with Design Quality, Implementing with Quality
- Price includes training materials and SAFe 4 Agile Software Engineer exam. Attendees who pass the online exam receive a SAFe Agile Software Engineer Certification.
- Minimum number of participants: 8
- Maximum number of participants: 24
- Early bird, 1795€ (+VAT) per person. Enroll at least one month before the course starts.
- Normal, 1995€ (+VAT) per person.
- Cancellation policy: Cancellation has to be done 14 days before the course start to avoid costs. Cancellations made later than 14 days prior to the course will be charged 50 % of the course price. In case of no show the full price is charged. The organizer reserves the right to cancel or postpone the course if the minimum number of participants is not reached.
If you’re interested in hearing more, please feel free to contact us!
+358 10 205 3777 email@example.com